Anybody know a Bass that fits my Description?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DriveThruEmoKid, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Im looking for Preferably a Fender, but it doesnt have to be, i just don't like the feel of Ibanez Basses. I like the wooden Body with No Pickguard, maybe like an Oak finish. I really like the American Fender Deluxe Zone Bass, but somebody i know said Fenders don't sound good with Active Pickups, so i don't know what to look into. Anyone have any ideas?
  2. check out can get pretty much any pickup combo, wood, finish, etc.
  3. Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN

That's total rubbish. Put some EMG-JV's in an American Deluxe Jazz bass, and you'll get the snappiest, puchiest tone in the world.

4. you tell everyone to do that, matt. :D ;)
  5. Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN

And do you bug my computer or something?? You reply to like ALL of my posts on this site within seconds!

6. yeah...i mean, NO! YOU bug your computer, not me!
  7. oak? that's gonna be one heavy bass... ;)

what's your price limit?
  8. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I don't know if you mean you want a bass with an oak body, or just something that looks like oak. I'd advise against the solid oak body, since earlier discussions here have pretty much unanimously canned that idea. If you want something that just looks like oak, i'd recommend ash. Many people dig that as a tonewood.
  9. I never cared for the American Deluxe basses honestly, but I am a big time fan of the Zone bass. I've played 3 different ones, at Guitar Center, Mars, and a local hole-in-the-wall, and all three have felt really good in my hands. It gives me what I've really looked for, the edgyness of a P-Bass with the roundness of a J-Bass, without too much of either. Come to think of it, I oughta buy one. :)
  10. joetiii

Oct 27, 2002
    Well you could get Leo's last masterpiece.... a G&L in either a tele bodyshape, the ASAT, or std shape L2000. Two massive humbuckers (passive), but active preamp will give you a PBass sound as well as a stingra snarl, Slappers delight. And it cuts through the mix like no other.
  11. Well, seeing your screen name, I'd recommend a P-Bass, J-Bass, or Sting Ray. No one on Drive Thru plays anything else.