1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody know a Japanese Bass named...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassfacer22, Apr 8, 2015.

1. So Years ago, I played this electric bass one time at Epifani bass shop in New York.. it sounded sooo good and all I remember is he told me it was a bass from a company in Japan and they sell them in japan.. so I couldn't get one in the US. I"m sure they were expensive.

I need to know if anybody knows any japanese bass makers that sound something like "Planet Waves" or "Wave Planet" or "Planet runner"

anybody know crazy good sounding basses that this company could be? I would like to buy one. I can't call up epifani again cause I am overseas and don't have service and i'm traveling on the high seas..

Maybe I could send an email but wanted to ask you guys here first because I have a feeling he may not remember me coming in and playing this bass.. ( i do remember the color was white though ha.)

2. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    There's a decent chance it actually could be Planet Waves. There are quite a few domestic Japanese instruments which feature the known brand names of non-Japanese companies under licence. They're usually of very respectable quality too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I have a Bill Lawrence swampcaster, might be the best tele ever made. ;) Edit: Which apparently is made by the company using his name without permission. :( Still a nice tele. I'll have to get some real Bill Lawrence pickups into it now.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  4. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Zodiacworks comes to mind as a name with a similar gestalt. Not cheap either.

5. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Some good stuff - they should do a bass version of their "Monray" guitar body style, would be great as an 8 or 12 string.
    zpg-the_monray-s.