Anybody know about "New B-Stock" from Music123???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by panic_striken, Oct 22, 2005.

1. panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I ordered a Michael Kelly Dragonfly Rose "New B-Stock" from Music123. They are kinda vague about the meaning. It says my have scratches, dents, or nicks. Will these be MAJOR flaws or barely to almost unnoticable kinda things???
  2. Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    well yeah, there is a massive difference between a dent and a nick, id be a tad worried mate... :meh:
  3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I bought a B-stock amp way back from AMS and when it showed up I laughed. The rack ear on the right side at the tiniest ding on the corner. I wouldn't have noticed it even if it shipped as 'new'. That was back in 1992 or so...and I used that amp for my main amp until this year without a problem or breakdown. It still works great and serves me as a backup and practice amp. Well worth the couple hundred bucks I saved.

Of course, you won't know until you get it, but I doubt it will be half as bad as much shop worn 'new' stuff that people pay way too much for in the big box stores.
  4. panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Here is their definition:

Noticeable scratches, dents and/ or nicks. Typically a customer return or refurbished product. GUARANTEED TO PLAY PERFECTLY. Includes FULL MANUFACTURER WARRANTY* and Music123's 45 day 100% satisfaction guarantee. Our loss is your opportunity to SAVE MONEY!

Quantities are extremely limited. First come, first served.

The guy was really trying to sell me a new one for well over $600. I have read reviews and posts about B-Stock stuff, and people always seem to say they couldn't find the flaw or it was barely noticable. So, I thought I would roll the dice and save ALOT of money:)
  5. panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Have ya'll seen these??? Solid spruce top, Solid rosewood back and sides, big full bass body, dragonfly inlays, etc. Seems like a great find!!! That rosewood should give it an almost upright sound.
  6. toad

Jun 26, 2002
    you never know until you get it. I once returned a 75RI to them because I got one used while it was on order. The one they sent was perfectly new. Then I saw it pop up as a B stock item. That was like two years or three years ago, and last time I looked it was still there. Maybe it's a different one, maybe not. Anyway, last time I saw it, it was priced higher as a B stock than I bought it new.
  7. bal704

bal704 Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2004
    In the Great Southwest
    I've bought a few 'B' stock items from them. In one case, it had a cosmetic stain on the outside of a bass cabinet. Since it worked fine, and I save more than $100, I figured it was worth it. The other stuff I've bought had no defects that I could find. From my experience, it's a great way to save a lot of money.
  8. snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    Music123 clearance center is a great source for deals on gear. I have ordered "not factory sealed" and "new B-stock" amps, cabinets, and mic preamps from them and all have been in great condition at a low price.

Have not ordered an instrument from them, but based on my experience I would do it w/o hestitation.
    I would worry a lot more about something used from e-bay.
  9. girlsaremean41

girlsaremean41 Banned

Jul 17, 2005
    Lancaster, PA
    I saved $120 on my Tech 21 115 cabinet because it wasn't factory sealed. Awesome deal in my opinion. Nothing wrong at all with the cabinet. I just ordered a QSC PLX1602 that is a used B stock item. We'll see what it's like when it arrives. If I'm not satisfied I can always send it back. I saved $210 off of a new price though.......and since I don't have the cash for one, this was an easy way to use plastic for it.
  10. mstott25

Aug 26, 2005
    Guntersville, AL
    Picked up my Aguilar GS112 from them B stock and still can't find anything on it cosmetic or not. I paid less than what these go for used and Music 123 has that 45 days that you can return the product if you're not satisfied.
  11. girlsaremean41

girlsaremean41 Banned

Jul 17, 2005
    Lancaster, PA
    The QSC PLX1602 that I ordered B-stock from came with only a few light scratches on it. Awesome deal since I saved $210 on it from new.