Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody know about wireless units?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dancinDave, Jul 25, 2002.

1. dancinDave

dancinDave Guest

Apr 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY. USA
    Does anybody have any advice on a good wireless unit for bass guitar going down to B string hz level? Price isn't a big problem, I want a good one that can be rackmounted, but I don't want to spend $1,000s either.
    I've been using a Nady 201 dual diversity but I've outgrown it and it's time to get a better one.
    Anybody got any words of advice on this topic?
    Thanx in advance...<smiles> dD

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, if you can find one (no longer made) the holy grail is the X-wire. 24 bit digital guts.

About the best you're looking at today without killing the bank is the Sure UHF or UT model wireless. They have a frequency response down to about 20hz. Most guitarist models (VHF, ect) only go down to 50hz, which kills your lows. A B string is 30 hz I believe...or is that an E that I'm thinking of?

Either way, they run about 360 at a Cuitar Center.

3. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    zzounds.com has them on closeout

4. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    The new Shure ULX wireless system is frequency agile(you can change the frequency) and goes down to 25 HZ, I think it is about $700. Great for bass and I have never had a dropout...

5. dancinDave

dancinDave Guest

Apr 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY. USA
    Well, Thanx guys for all the input. It really helps and I do appreciate it.
    So far, it comes down to two systems, the Sennheiser 1092GTR Digital 1000 or
    Shure ULXS14 or ULXP14. I'm still not sure so I guess I gotta go to GC and play 'em to find out about dropout or distortion or whatever else. I almost always run my bass volume wide open and adjust volume at the preamp stage. I don't want to start running my bass at 75% now because the output is too hot for the unit's input sensitivity.(one reviewer said that about the Sennheiser) Anybody else got anything to add or are there any other units I haven't heard of? For what it's worth, the best prices seem to be a Zzounds.com plus there's no shipping on a lot of stuff. Nice site! TY
    <smiles> dD

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Veerrrrrrry interesting. The standard ULX system does go down to 25 hz. The professional model goes down to 50 hz. So if you get the ULX, don't get the pro for bass.

7. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Yeah, mine is the standard, its cheaper and better for bass...

8. what about the samson airline wireless? anyone tried those?

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego