1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anybody know anything about Bob Seger's bassist?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Skel, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    I know this is off the wall, but I've been thinking about Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band. Namely, the song "Get out of Denver"...the bassist really kicks ass on this song, IMO. Straight ahead 12 bar rock & roll for sure.

Anybody know who this guy is, and/or anything about him?

Thanks -Skel

2. Bob Seeger...Didn't he have something to do with Alan Lomax who discovered Leadbelly? (oh yeah - GREAT bassllines in some of Leadbelly's stuff, even if they ARE all done on guitar...)

3. The bassist of the SB band was, and is Chris Campbell. He's been with Bob a long time (since the early '70's).

4. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    Chris Campbell is part of the Silver Bullet Band, Bob's live band, but did not play on all the studio recordings. My wife's a big fan, we have just about all his CD's.

5. Quite true, but he played on Seven, where Get Out Of Denver comes from, along with Tommy Cogbill.

And according to Seger (from The Bob Seger File)

And of course, that's Campbell on Live Bullet, from which more people might have heard the tune on the radio.

6. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Seger's formula for a long time was to use his own band on the rockers but studio guys (from Nashville and Muscle Shoals) on the ballads.