1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anybody know anything about the Brice Z6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by A Minor, Jun 25, 2007.

1. I've recently decided to make the jump to a six string bass but i don't want to go broke in the process so the Brice Z6 is pretty high up on my list as of now, I'm planning on getting of my MM Jazz to cover the cost of whatever 6-stringer i get so if you have any other suggestions that would be around the 700 dollar range that would be greatly appreciated. I think the Brice LOOKS amazing, especially in the natural finish, if anybody has any experience with them or any of Brice's other basses could you please tell me how they played, also, would the string spacing be too tight for thumping?

http://www.rondomusic.net/product875.html

2. already looked at harmony-central....so i take it you don't have any experience with them...well thanks anyway...anybody else?

3. Liko

Liko

Mar 30, 2007
    Yamaha TRB-1006 - stickers for $900, you could probably talk them down or maybe find one on the Bay. I recommend this line to anyone looking for a midlevel active, be it four, five or six-string; excellent instrument. it also comes in trans black and natural if the trans cherry doesn't appeal to you (this is the brightest cherry I've seen in pics of these; normally depicted as quitre a bit deeper)
    [​IMG]

Peavey Grind 6 - These are also excellent basses, a little more basic than the Yammie, but they look great and they're very reasonable ('bout $450).
    [​IMG]

4. yea i've had an eye for the trb-1006 but i don't trust ebay and my local GC's have been lacking this bass the last couple of times i've went there, but again thanks for the suggestion, i guess i can look around the for sale section on here. so nobody has any person experience with the Brize Z6?:eyebrow: this does not speak well for it i think:crying: :help:

5. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Several players here at TB have or previously had a Z6, I'm one of them. It may well be the best dollar-for-dollar bass value I have ever played. I have a review of it posted here at TB http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/545/cat/13

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one again, as a matter of fact I never should have sold the one I owned and have been relentlessly pursuing the guy who bought it to sell it back to me .... he won't :(

Search around a little bit. If you like wider string spacing in a 35" scale and bigger body, it's money well spent ...... :cool:

6. thank you man that was exactly what i wanted to hear but i have one more question, were the stock pickups ok or should i immediately look to swap them out, and also i'm not sure if you're a slapper or not but if you are did it take a while to get acoustomed to the string spacing?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021