Anybody know anything about the Texas guitar show?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tryxx, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Tryxx

Tryxx Sputnik Forums: Bass Mod

Jun 1, 2005
    Hurst, Texas.
    It's in Arlington today and tomorrow, I was just curious how much stuff of the low-end variety is going to be there and if it's worth checking out.

2. Tryxx

Jun 1, 2005
    Hurst, Texas.
    There were a few basses here and there. Mainly vintage Fender stuff, Ric's, and a few EBMM things.

Pete Skjold was there, though. What he brought to the table was AWESOME. Made my day. I was too scared to really play though, I couldn't do the basses justice. :p

3. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Great deals outside in Parking lot.
    I bought a 1967 P-bass for short money once there.

4. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    There is a thread in the Effects forum on Harmony Central showing some really great guitars, but not any bass stuff.

5. Tryxx

Jun 1, 2005
    Hurst, Texas.
    That's not fair! :crying:

Hey, wasn't there a sign that said you couldn't do that. ;) :bag:

6. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

Not a single Sadowsky in the house. That's really all I was looking for. I walked my '65 EBO (signed by Jack Bruce and Allen Woody) and my '65 Mosrite Celebrity around to a good bit of interest, but nobody ponied up the $. The '60 Rick 4000 for $19,500 was pretty cool looking tho. The late 50's lake placid blue esquire for $35k was pretty cool too. Mostly overpriced. Dealers not too negotiable from what I found.

STILL - a less than stellar day at a guitar show is infinitely better than a good day at work.

7. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.

Yes there was, a friend I went with and I kept joking about it "look a guy with a guitar in the parking lot, look away, look away!!"