1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody know anything about this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jimmy Bones, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
  2. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I don't know about this particular one, but Greco has a pretty good reputation. A lot of people love their Thunderbird copies, and I heard good things about a Les Paul bass copy too.

If you decide against it let me know, I might check it out. I'm not far away from it.

Aloha,

John

3. Cool!

4. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Go for it. I don't get paid until Tuesday, so I'm SOL on my gas anyhow.

I notice you got an Alan Woody in your avatar - is it worth it? Been considering picking one up, and Island Guitars just got one in.

5. Bassgrinder77

Bassgrinder77 Banned

Jan 23, 2009
    Gross!!!!!!! My first bass was similar. All those japenese EB-0 copies should be wiped from the face of the earth. It's a REALLY lousy bass. Just awful.

6. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I like the Allen Woody a lot. It is not versatile, but it does what it does very well. If you like an old school tone it is very good. It is well built and plays great too. And very lightweight. Looks cool too.

Here is a clip of me playing it in a country band a few years ago. It sounds great for that. Now that I'm in a hard rock band I don't use it as much, but I do pull it out for acoustic stuff sometimes.

7. JohnSS

JohnSS

Jun 4, 2007
    Grecos are from the same factory, Fuji gen-gakki, that makes Ibanez and a few other model names. Fuji gen-gakki now makes a lot of the MIJ Fenders. The EB-O is a "lawsuit" model - part of the lawsuit filed by Gibson to halt Japanese copies in the 70's that were often better than the Norlin era Gibsons and CBS era Fenders. Cleaned up, it might be have some collector's cache.