Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody know anything about this beautful bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Listen, May 25, 2002.

1. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
  2. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Looks good in the photo, sounds good in the description, may actually be good in reality. Looks to me like a "custom" or "boutique" Korean-made bass. You'll probably get a lot more instrument than you pay for, but be prepared for a few surprises.

I'm reminded once again of the Copley basses that caused quite a buzz here at talkbass not long ago -- they even look similar to the Brice! Check out http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41091&highlight=copley to see what you may or may not be getting yourself into...

3. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Find the two recent threads on Essex basses. Brice is the same company, their "higher" line. The Essex comments were very favorable for the $$.

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i planed on buying the six string brice.
    i think in the green!! it looks awsome!

steveclick here fo 6-string

if look into it. teh 5 strings are only $229 of the site

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    It's amazing, but the no-name imports are sucking less and less.

I think I'd like that bad boy better than a few Squiers I've tried.

I'd go for it, but learn about their return policy first. When you get the bass, find a more experienced bassist and get a second opinion. Good luck.

6. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Whatever the case, they've done a great job of photographing the bass. This looks real good to me, but I have label problems with my Cirrus. Imagine showing up with a Brice.

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Sorry about the subject change, but who is giving you label problems and why?

8. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

There is a "click me" on that page that describes the bass.

Korean stuff is a great bang for the buck. I just bought a Dean.
    I own an F Bass, Warwick, and Music Man Stingray.

If you are seroius, But It Now. You can't go wrong. For $229.+ $20. shipping, Forget about it!

9. I just bought one of these, the fretless version in blue. I live near Rondo and bought one off the floor. It had a scratch on it, so it was cheaper. I got it home an put new flatwounds on it and tried to get some decent action.. See my thread on the problem I had..

Action thread

It sounds good, plays OK( After a little sugery) .. It is very very similar to a samick I own, I think I read some where that samick makes most of the parts for these korean guitars.

I suppose it is not bad for the price, but beware you may get what you pay for.

10. If it is the color that you love I think you can get a Washburn from Mars Music for about the same price.

11. this weekend I played a while on a bas from a friend.. this bridge on the photo looks just like the bridge on his bass .. he has a Cort 4 string ...