Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody know if it's legit...

Discussion in 'Orchestral Auditions [DB]' started by a. meyer, Jan 5, 2005.

1. a. meyer

a. meyer

Dec 10, 2004
    portland, oregon
    to record your own audition?

2. Ben Joella

Ben Joella

May 31, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    I can't say for sure, but I don't see why not. It's your music and you certainly have your rights in that regard. In fact, it's probably a good tool for monitoring just how the audition went. I know personally I have a hard time remembering clearly just what went on.

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Usually video is required, just so they know it's actually you doing it -- if you meant sending in a tape for your audition (I noticed some schools have this rather than auditioning in person). If you meant to record the audition itself...*shrug* Go for it. Come to think of it, that's probably a good idea! Plus, if you get in, you can look at your audition tape and judge whether or not your money was well spent ;).

4. Bubbabass

Bubbabass

May 5, 2004
    SOMD/DC/VA
    What Ben said. I just did that and felt a lot better about the audition, having an objective review when all is calm. The iRiver 790 with its built in voice recorder is very handy.

5. Dr Rod

Dr Rod

Aug 19, 2005
    I know ladies that have taken a running MD in their purse for an audio recording, I don't see anything wrong with it myself.