Anybody know what EMG HZs sound like on a Spector NS2000 5?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by gfab333, Sep 14, 2002.

1. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    This is sort of a "bass guitar / pick up" question, so I posted it in both catregories.

I was curious if anyone has a Spector N2000 with EMG HZ pick ups and the active treble/bass preamp. How are the lows, mids, and highs? are the lows fat or thin? are the mids scooped out or punchy with a growl? are the highs brittle and harsh or smooth and refined?

The reason that I'm asking is that I just noticed that Spector came out with a 5 string semi hollow body bass. It's bassically a semi hollow N2000 model with an F hole on the upper body. It has one EMG HZ pick up. I'm trying to figure out what the tone might like.

Any comments are appreciated. Here's the link to a picture of the 4 string version at Bass NW. Standar..._amberburst.htm
  2. stop_drop_pop33

stop_drop_pop33 Guest

Aug 15, 2002
    under your bed
    uhhh it sounds like any other passive pickup would sound. it has a fishman bridge, and on top of that the body is half hollow, so it would make a thud sound with no sustain. the HZ's dc resistance is probably low, making the heard sustain even shorter.
  3. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    oh yes, all the passive pickups sound the same, we should know by now.