Anybody Know What the Old ToP Song "Squibb Cakes" is referring to?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by gfab333, Mar 19, 2003.

1. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I can distinctly remember when that album came out back in the '70s, but I don't think I ever figured out what a squib cake was. Anybody know?

While we're on the topic, here's a thread I dug up of one of our fellow TBers blowing some great "Rocco" bass with his band. Check out the link to the sound sample. Beermonkee, I hope you don't mind if I blow your horn. You and your band did a great job on that song.
  2. Well, i know that Oddworld Games used it in a game :D
  3. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    When in doubt, always assume it's something sexual.:D Usually works in blues, probably works in funk, too.
  4. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, a squib is a small explosive does it pertain to a cake? jeez, i have no cloo...
  5. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    "squibb" w/ 2 b's is a pharmeceutical company out of kalmazoo, mi. i believe. My pop was a vet and used a lot of their stuff years ago!:D
  6. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Hmm, based on the responses so far, we're looking at a pharmaceutical product in the form of a little cake used by vets to elevate the libido of dogs before they're blown up, LOL!!! that can't be. let's keep at it, we'll find out what a squib cake is, eventually.
  7. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I wish I could open Beermonkees link, I keep getting a era:( I love TOP
  8. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I just tried Beermonkee's sound sample link again. it works fine.

Maybe you need to check your internet browser settings or something. Sorry, I can't help, I'm not a computer tech.
  9. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I'll try posting it here, I managed to get it from that link.

Beermonkee, that rocks. Quite the band, and what a great job you did on this recording.

edit: Hmm, wouldn't attach. Ah well...