Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody Know What the Old ToP Song "Squibb Cakes" is referring to?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by gfab333, Mar 19, 2003.

1. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I can distinctly remember when that album came out back in the '70s, but I don't think I ever figured out what a squib cake was. Anybody know?

While we're on the topic, here's a thread I dug up of one of our fellow TBers blowing some great "Rocco" bass with his band. Check out the link to the sound sample. Beermonkee, I hope you don't mind if I blow your horn. You and your band did a great job on that song.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50831

2. Well, i know that Oddworld Games used it in a game :D

3. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    When in doubt, always assume it's something sexual.:D Usually works in blues, probably works in funk, too.

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, a squib is a small explosive device...how does it pertain to a cake? jeez, i have no cloo...

5. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    "squibb" w/ 2 b's is a pharmeceutical company out of kalmazoo, mi. i believe. My pop was a vet and used a lot of their stuff years ago!:D

6. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Hmm, based on the responses so far, we're looking at a pharmaceutical product in the form of a little cake used by vets to elevate the libido of dogs before they're blown up, LOL!!! that can't be. let's keep at it, we'll find out what a squib cake is, eventually.

7. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I wish I could open Beermonkees link, I keep getting a era:( I love TOP

8. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I just tried Beermonkee's sound sample link again. it works fine.

Maybe you need to check your internet browser settings or something. Sorry, I can't help, I'm not a computer tech.

9. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I'll try posting it here, I managed to get it from that link.

Beermonkee, that rocks. Quite the band, and what a great job you did on this recording.

edit: Hmm, wouldn't attach. Ah well...