Anybody knowledgeable about Hohner basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flywheel, Jun 22, 2004.

1. flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    I just got my first fretless tonight. Basses/hohner_jazz_fretless_4_st.htm This is a great bass! The price was right and it plays nicely! I was afraid it would have a basswood body and be too light for me. I like my basses a bit on the heavy side...not too heavy... I'm used to Stingrays though and I like the feel and sustain of a heavier bass.

I think the body might be made of Alder...just a guess but based on the weight of this bass, that's my guess.

Anyway, I wanted to know if there was anywhere I could research the serial and find out what year she was made and find out any other specs.

Thanks in advance for any input. I'll post my own pics soon if anyone's interested. I love the vintage white color with the tort guard! Oh and the tuning machines are licensed by Schaller which was a nice surprise. Not that different from the tuners on my Rays which are also Schallers.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I had one of Hohners nicer basses, the B2Adb (detunable bridge headless model). Was a really nice bass. Played wonderfully.