Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody listen to the Style Council?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by modulusbassist, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Bought a new German box set of The Style Council, aaaaaah such nostalgia!!!Reminds me of my middle school and high school days.

Anybody know who the bassist was? I know Bruce from the Jams is one of the member.

This is one sweet box set!!!!!!

2. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Cool, this style council thing has being bugging me for years now I know i heard a style council track which had a very poppy feel (mid 80s) only it had this fantastic slap bass solo in the middle of it...did I dream it?

(the refrain went something like 'I only want to be wanted'..ring any bells??)

3. Style Council was indeed a great band, but Bruce Foxton wasn't in it. Paul Weller, also from The Jam, more or less was The Style Council though. Oh well, I haven't told you anything you can't find out if you follow DanNowhere's link.
    Does anyone know what Bruce is up to nowadays? The last time I heard 'bout him he was in Stiff Little Fingers. Is that still the case?