Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody lives in chicago?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Samie, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    How do I get from the airport to the train station? Are there good public transportation conections to do that? I will be traveling with my family.

Thanks

2. larry

larry Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2004
    Florida
    There is excellent rail transportation between O'hare and downtown where the train station is. Been a while since I've taken it, though, someone else will have to help you with details.

3. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Chicago
    It's called the Blue Line and there's a station right in O'Hare Field. It will take you straight to downtown. What train are you taking? Union or LaSalle St. station? Welcome to Chicago and enjoy!

4. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    I am actually going to lansing MI. I couldn't get a flight from here in madrid. All conections from madrid to lansing MI go through NYC and there are no sits available Madrid-NYC.

I imagine train would be easier than plain from chicago to lansing. How far away are they?

I've been in the US before so I dont mind having to find my way around.

5. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Chicago
    Well....lansing is about a three hour drive from Chicago. Not sure which train you would take to get there, but my guess is that Union Station is where you'd board. You also might want to check a flight out of Midway Airport to Lansing. You can get to THAT airport by taking the Orange Line from downtown; it will take you right to the terminal. I think a flight would be cost prohibitive though. It would almost be cheaper to fly to Detroit and rent a car.

6. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain

So detroit is a better choice to fly to from madrid? does it have good airport to train station comunications?

7. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Chicago
    I'm sorry....that I don't know.

8. larry

larry Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2004
    Florida
    I've taken Amtrak between East Lansing and Chicago. The East Lansing Train Station is probably a $20 cab ride from Lansing's airport. The Amtrak will take you right to the main train station in Chicago. Takes about 4 hours. I have no idea what it costs now. I have not taken it since about 1992.

9. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain

Thanks for your help. I bought a ticket to DETROIT. From there I can get plane tickets to lansing for as low as $150 (online).

They offered to pick me up however.

Thanks again.

Any places in that area that a DBdud should check out? Jams, shops, concerts?

10. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Lansing is about an hour+ drive from Detroit. Why fly? Besides, many times you'll get those little puddle jumpers and they won't be able to fit a db on those planes.

A cab would be cheaper than $150.

11. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    My wife would kill be if I took my DB with me!!! I am on hollidays!! :hyper:

hopefully i wont be doing much for a couple of weeks.

12. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Ah, well, even so, I wouldn't waste my time waiting for another plane just to get to Lansing from Detroit. You'll get there quicker on the road.

Holiday in Lansing? :meh: