1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody make a case for an Epi T-bird?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markbigtree, May 10, 2010.

1. markbigtree

markbigtree

Mar 19, 2010
    Salem, OR
    Are there any manufacturers of cases, that will actually fit a T-bird?
    And or is it easy/wise to refit one that is long enough, yet doesn't have bird shape?

2. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    The Rondo 'tweed' bass case fits the Epi T-Bird. I just sold one of those cases to a dude locally with an Epi and it fit his perfectly.

EDIT: I'd spend a little extra and get the one mohawk listed above, vs the Rondo.

3. Bting

Bting

Dec 2, 2008
    I had one brought in for me, by a local music store here in Calgary, canada.
    His comment was "jeez, we haven't brogth one fo those in for a while"
    But they had one in the warehouse and away we went.
    Took a long time to track one down though. Real long time.

Not form fitting, rectangular, big barstage ;)
    I don't recall a make on it, but looks jsut like this one, except I dont have the Epiphone logo

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Thunderbird-Hardshell-Case?sku=518393

4. Hi.

A few years back, I bought the Epiphone one from Thomann. The price was good (85€ IIRC) and the fit is perfect.

Regards
    Sam

5. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    The epiphone one would be best choice imo. Otherwise I'd go with the bC Rich deluxe bass gig bag. Well padded and well made. And will fit thunderbird. But best would be epiphones hardcase for it.

6. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Yes, Epiphone do.

:bag:

7. Chuck King

Chuck King Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Chicago
    A lot of "Epiphone" cases are actually TKL cases with an Epiphone logo stencilled on them. So if there's an Epi case for it, there's probably also a TKL case without the logo, but I suspect the TKL version would cost more.