Anybody making graphite replacement necks w/ fanned frets?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DiabolusInMusic, Jul 12, 2020.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Just like the title says, I am looking to find a graphite replacement neck that has fanned frets. I only know of Status and they don't do fanned frets. Thought I would turn to the hive to see if any are out there.

Thanks.

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Fanned frets and graphite makes me think Emerald - don't know if they do or would consider doing bolt-on necks, but might be worth asking.

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  3. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Are you trying to convert a conventional bass to multiscale or replace an existing wood neck with an identical one in a different material?

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

I suppose I should have been more clear. This would be for a custom build I'm planning, not an existing bass. I don't really need a set spec on the neck, just seeing what is out there, if anything.

5. These folks are planning a bass later this year, might be worth asking them about a custom neck.

Electric Bass

Another thing you could do is follow Peavey's example and go with a wrap. The G and GV basses had thin wooden necks wrapped by a gun stock company. You could do the same,plenty carbon wrap services out there.

Wouldn't worry too much about the fanned fret part, it's only a board. Fretboard calculator works out the cut lines.

6. DangaDanga

DangaDanga

Mar 26, 2014
    If you're looking for custom GV guitars will do a carbon fiber wrapped neck and possibly a full carbon neck. They're very well priced for full custom and do awesome work.

I'm actually in the talks with sankuer guitars right now to make a carbon fiber copy of my new Legator fanned fret neck. They're working out the engineering right now so I don't have a price point or logistics yet. If you have a fanned fret bolt on neck they'll probably do the same if you reach out.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021