Anybody making graphite replacement necks w/ fanned frets?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DiabolusInMusic, Jul 12, 2020.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Just like the title says, I am looking to find a graphite replacement neck that has fanned frets. I only know of Status and they don't do fanned frets. Thought I would turn to the hive to see if any are out there.

Thanks.

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Fanned frets and graphite makes me think Emerald - don't know if they do or would consider doing bolt-on necks, but might be worth asking.

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  3. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Are you trying to convert a conventional bass to multiscale or replace an existing wood neck with an identical one in a different material?

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

I suppose I should have been more clear. This would be for a custom build I'm planning, not an existing bass. I don't really need a set spec on the neck, just seeing what is out there, if anything.

5. These folks are planning a bass later this year, might be worth asking them about a custom neck.

Electric Bass

Another thing you could do is follow Peavey's example and go with a wrap. The G and GV basses had thin wooden necks wrapped by a gun stock company. You could do the same,plenty carbon wrap services out there.

Wouldn't worry too much about the fanned fret part, it's only a board. Fretboard calculator works out the cut lines.

6. DangaDanga

DangaDanga

Mar 26, 2014
    If you're looking for custom GV guitars will do a carbon fiber wrapped neck and possibly a full carbon neck. They're very well priced for full custom and do awesome work.

I'm actually in the talks with sankuer guitars right now to make a carbon fiber copy of my new Legator fanned fret neck. They're working out the engineering right now so I don't have a price point or logistics yet. If you have a fanned fret bolt on neck they'll probably do the same if you reach out.