Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody mixing Epi NYC with UL's?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jobu3, Jul 5, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I know a couple of guys were using the UL-110 with the regular 112, I pretty sure that I am a strictly "tens" kind of guy.

Question is: Anybody doing the same with say, 210's or basically the same configuration of tens? I really love my regular 210 tonally and for the smallish foot print but even moreso, my regular 310. The weight is a pain even with the 210 and I just threw out my neck for the second time in a month-and-a-half (slept on it funny, not directly from lifting either time, I'm currently getting PT for it). I think that the 210 + 310 would sound absolutely HUGE and be more than enough for just about anything I would ever need. I thought I was going to have some outdoor gigs coming up but we are undergoing some line-up overhauls so that looks to be on the back burner. I think that 2 210's should cover me for most stuff. I really consider regular Epifani NYC's to be "THE" tone for me and I still have yet to really hear an UL cab. I think I would be able to get enough of what I like from an UL for practice and use the regular for gigs/paired with the UL as needed for max volume. I have read al lthe reviews on the differences btw. NYC and UL so, anyone use NYC with UL and like the tone they got, particularly if they are somewhat of a "NYC purist?" Thanks!
    :bassist: :help:

2. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Umm, what? :confused: You just did. If you want a new thread, hit the new thread button at the top. :eyebrow:

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hmm...

think i'll do just that next time i'm in the shop. stay tuned... ;)

4. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    I'll be using my 212 NYC with a 210UL this week, I'll let you know! ;)

5. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Please do sir! See if you can try out 210 x 2.

Also, did you ever get your hands around the 210-AP/APUL?

jacove, I have heard good things about UL tens with twelves. Should be a nice mix for you there... :)

6. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I was just up in the old bass room to take some pix and I think that the 310 is actually easier to move around than the 210... I think it has to do with the way that the 210 hangs on the handles vs. the 310. Maybe I'll end up keeping the 310 and switching the NYC-210 for an UL-210! :confused: :help: