Anybody mixing Epi NYC with UL's?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jobu3, Jul 5, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I know a couple of guys were using the UL-110 with the regular 112, I pretty sure that I am a strictly "tens" kind of guy.

Question is: Anybody doing the same with say, 210's or basically the same configuration of tens? I really love my regular 210 tonally and for the smallish foot print but even moreso, my regular 310. The weight is a pain even with the 210 and I just threw out my neck for the second time in a month-and-a-half (slept on it funny, not directly from lifting either time, I'm currently getting PT for it). I think that the 210 + 310 would sound absolutely HUGE and be more than enough for just about anything I would ever need. I thought I was going to have some outdoor gigs coming up but we are undergoing some line-up overhauls so that looks to be on the back burner. I think that 2 210's should cover me for most stuff. I really consider regular Epifani NYC's to be "THE" tone for me and I still have yet to really hear an UL cab. I think I would be able to get enough of what I like from an UL for practice and use the regular for gigs/paired with the UL as needed for max volume. I have read al lthe reviews on the differences btw. NYC and UL so, anyone use NYC with UL and like the tone they got, particularly if they are somewhat of a "NYC purist?" Thanks!
    :bassist: :help:

2. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Umm, what? :confused: You just did. If you want a new thread, hit the new thread button at the top. :eyebrow:

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hmm...

think i'll do just that next time i'm in the shop. stay tuned... ;)

4. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    I'll be using my 212 NYC with a 210UL this week, I'll let you know! ;)

5. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Please do sir! See if you can try out 210 x 2.

Also, did you ever get your hands around the 210-AP/APUL?

jacove, I have heard good things about UL tens with twelves. Should be a nice mix for you there... :)

6. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I was just up in the old bass room to take some pix and I think that the 310 is actually easier to move around than the 210... I think it has to do with the way that the 210 hangs on the handles vs. the 310. Maybe I'll end up keeping the 310 and switching the NYC-210 for an UL-210! :confused: :help: