1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody out there ever played at the Grand Ole Opry?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by oscarmeyer777, May 3, 2010.

1. If you have please tell stories, what band you played in, who all played that night, etc. Since we are on this topic I might add that Opryland Hotel is evacuated due to the worst flooding that Tennessee has had in 30 years. They held all the guests and at a nasty high school :D

2. Anybody? I know some of you third coast session dudes have. Don't be shy....

3. Only the one in Glasgow, Scotland, which is not quite the same thing!:crying::D

I'd love to play the real one though!

4. basspirate777

basspirate777

Mar 21, 2009
    Latrobe, Pa
    I never played an opry gig, but I did live right up the street from the *real* opry, the Ryman for a few years. Opryland hotel is just a big corporate money trap...the old Ryman has that classic goodness about it. I'll be devastated if I hear that it got trashed. It's on a hill, kind of, though, so I am hopeful.

There's all sorts of amazing venues in Nashville, it's sad to see the town get so beat up.

5. scott123

scott123

Jun 25, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Probably not the experience you are looking for, but in high school concert band the national contest we played in was on the Grand Ole Opry stage. It was cool to look up and see the stage set suspended over us.

6. I'm sorry to inform you that the Ryman did get trashed. I'm just as dissappointed as you are :bawl:

7. Fretless1!

Fretless1!

Feb 19, 2007

No, the Ryman has minor damage. It's fine.

The Grand Ol' Opry House is totally flooded, however.