Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody own a '91 Stingray?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flywheel, Sep 12, 2003.

1. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    I was just re-stringing my '91 Ray (which I've owned for like 5 yrs) and I just realized that the strings come thru the bridge at an angle before they hit the saddles???? I can't believe I've never noticed this before. I check out my '96 Ray and the strings come straight thru the bridge.

Seems to be the way this was designed b/c this bass is all original (as far as I know). I can't understand why Ernie Ball would have designed the bridge this way? I can't see any benefit to the string NOT resting straight on the saddles. I've never had any problem with this bass but it just seems strange.

Anyway, if anyone owns this year bass could you please post a pic or let me know if your bridge is the same way. I'm attaching a pic so you can see what I mean.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Now im curious as to what the advantage of that would be also.

3. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    claybone,

You have GOT to be kidding me! The holes are wrong??? How am I supposed to fix this? My serial number is on the bridge I can't just get another bridge!!!

What did you do b/c I'm NOT going to turn my saddles around-- I'd rather leave it as is. Five years and I never even noticed, go figure!