Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody own a Yorkville Bassmaster XM200?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basshead1268, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Hi I was wondering if anybody owns a Yorkville Bassmaster XM200 combo amp because I am thinking of buying one in the near future.I want to know how loud they are and the sound quality.:confused:

2. I used a Yorkville 200B 1x15 combo for years. It would go pretty loud and was durable as hell. Decent price and great support, too!

3. Campbellton, New Brunswick, Canada, eh? I bought my Yorkville in Fredericton.

4. Campbellton, New Brunswick? My parents live one hour from you (Causapscal, Vallée de la Matapédia). :)

I do have an XM200 and it's a great little amp. I plan to buy an extension speaker (2x10) to take advantage of its full 200W potential.

This amp sounds great with my EMG-equipped Godin BG5. Loud, reliable, and it simply has the best warranty in the industry. I played it in small and medium sized venues, and the volume knob never went above 11 o'clock.

I recommend it.

Oh, and welcome to TalkBass! :)

5. And after years of use (and abuse) the power transformer died a few months ago. The good news is that the replacement is only $40-50. I reallywant to get mine back up as a backup amp.

6. I don't have a Bassmaster 200 i have the BM400 'combo' with a 15. I have had several Yorkville amps from 50 to now 400. they are the best i have tried for thier price range. I also plan to buy a extention cab(4x10) so i can get some more oomph.!!!:D

good pic in amp

7. Great Amp for the dollar. I'd look at the 2x10 version as well. You can't beat the warranty. If you buy it at a Long and McQuade store (who own yorkville)and anything ever goes wrong, they'll just give you another one.

Built, tough, sound great! If you can find an older one for less $$$ your set, these things last forever. I just found the yorkville 1x15 extension cab that sits under the 2x10 for super cheap.

Good luck and enjoy.

8. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I don't think I'd go quite that far...

...the warranty is 2 years on the electronics, and ten on the cabinet...if something happens, they'll fix it, but only if it's not worth repairing will it be replaced altogether...but it's still the best warranty around!!!:D

9. Ok fair point, however, I have worked for L&McQ for sometime. I will agree they will do anything possible to keep you happy. :D

10. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I agree with that! Check your PM dude...

11. L&M just laid me off...(boohoo.) Good company tho' with a very decent service ethic. Used to frown on them being a "sales" place when I was younger but they really are a stand-up biz.

12. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Sorry to hear that man...hope you get back in soon!

13. This may be a stupid question, but I'm getting a used Bloc 250B combo (15"), and I was wondering if it's possible to separate the head from the combo. :)

I'd rather have a 2x10, but for the price I can't pass on this. I figure it's not possible, because the head would have no casing, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Thanks!

14. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    does Long and McQuade have a website? ive been contemplating buying an xm200 for a lil while and if i can get them behind me id be really happy.

thanks,
    brian

edit: LongandMcQuade.com. nevermind. they are in canada. darn.

15. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada

You can get Yorkville products in the states though...just go to the yorkville.com site and click on the dealer link...you should be able to find one close to you...

16. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    www.musiciansfriend.com

17. If you enter a search using "XM200", you can get lots of threads regarding this amp. :bassist: