Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody own an Aslin Dane?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flywheel, Aug 23, 2003.

1. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    I recently ran across a post where someone mentioned Aslin Dane. I visited their site and became intrigued by their Fatback 4 "MJ" that they carry. I've always thought that a bass would sound really great with a Music Man pickup (in the sweet spot of course) and a J pickup in the neck postion.

Their bass is an all Ash body and is very reasonably priced. They don't have a dealer near me but they seemed very confident that I would be happy with the bass and even mentioned that I could return it if I ordered it direct from them and was unhappy with the bass.

I'm curious about the hardware. Anybody out there own one of these models or any model Aslin Dane produces. Thanks.

http://aslindane.com

[​IMG]

2. I have an older AKB202/5 five string that is really quite a nice bass. My bass is 34" scale and does not have the exagerated upper horn but the body is a lightweight ash. I have it strung up with a hi C and use it for melodies, chording and soloing. For a passive bass it has a nice tone and it is noise free. The fingerboard is amazingly fast and IMO it contributes to the clear tone that this bass has. The hardware is good quality. I also have a Jazz King guitar and it is even more amazing. I have dealt directly with them several times and their customer service was everything promised and more. :)

3. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    cool...thanks for the info on your guitar. I think I may be hard pressed to find someone who actually owns the Fatback 4 MJ... but I appreciate the info on their basses in general.

4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin