Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anybody play kustom amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassbob03, Feb 2, 2005.

1. bassbob03

bassbob03

Jan 31, 2005
    i was just wondering what anybody thought of kustom
    i have this tiny KBA10 and im lookin for something bigger
    still a combo but a least the size of a fender bassman200
    what do you think of bigger kustom's, and do you suggest lookin at anything else,money is an issue

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I have a KBA16. Very surprising little amp for the money (I paid $39 for it brand new @ musciansfriend.com clearance) and amp (16 amps). Has a Celestian speaker. Sounds great. Excellent for a bedroom, etc. I keep mine in my office. Had it for a year or two. Nice tone!

I also have a Kustom PA that we use at practice. Works like a champ!

I just ordered a Kustom head (1200 watts)! Link to thread-----> Click Me

As you can see, I've become a big fan of them! :hyper:

3. bassbob03

bassbob03

Jan 31, 2005
    have you seen any bigger bass combo amps from kustom???
    i need like a 4x10 hope less than 800 bucks thanks

4. I own a little KBA16 and it rocks, I´ve been using it for rehearsals with my band and it does what I need it to do.
    It has a powerful sound (my Guitar player has a kustom 60w, and the drummer has a big ludwig set). It´s better than bigger ones like crate 40w and laney 40w.

5. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    I know Kustom makes Groove bass combo - don't know what the $$ range is.

6. Kevbroce

Kevbroce

Dec 14, 2005
    Chico, Ca
    Probably too small for what you want, but I love my Kuston 30 watt with the 8 inch celestion. I think I like the tone more than my Beringer BX300 and Hartke VX215. I don't know maybe it's just because they both sound very different. Anyways, I've only heard good things about Kustom, and I love my little practice amp.