Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody play the new Nemesis 2x12 combo ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by doublestop, Dec 29, 2004.

1. I'm interested in opinions on the new Nemesis 2x12 combo. I'm also interested in how it sounds compared to the Nemesis 2x10, or to Markbass combos or rigs.

If you have played them: please tell me what you think of them!

thanks, Peter

2. nemises, good

mark bass, bad.

3. I've tried the Nemesis 2x12 and 1x15 at the local store and was pleased by their versality but I'm not sure how loud can they get onstage. I had a feeling I'd need at least an extension speaker to get it next to a drummer, 2 guitars and organs.

It's been a while since I've tried MarkBass combos, but what I remember is that their simulation of "vintage sounds" wasn't really convincing to me.

Keep groovin'

Jure

4. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    LOL, that about sums it up..

5. Thanks all !

I will pay attention to that! Important, since my band has -besides bass - drums, 1 guitar, keys, saxophone.

6. The nemises move a lot of air. In this sense, these are some of the loudest combos out there. In fact, they make an 810 combo!

If the 212 is not loud enough, then it is time to tell the others to lower their volume.