Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody played a Washburn xb920

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blong1, Aug 8, 2001.

1. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    just wondering what others thought about this bass. any comments??

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I have. Superior fit and finish, good balance, with a very smooth tone from the Bartolini hbs. Great R&B and finger-funk bass if you can get the price down to under $800, which is feasible given that the high-end Washburns don't move that well.

3. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I have one on layaway at the moment,I will get it out at the end of the month.I saw it,played it,and had to have it.Mine has a bird's eye Maple top on a swamp ash body,Pau Ferro fingerboard,the aforementioned Bartolini PUPs and gold hardware.It's in like new (I'll be the 2nd owner) condition and it'll come home with me for $549. It will be my only fretted 4 string.A really good bass.BTW there was one on ebay just like mine for one day (!) because the owner retracted the auction.I don't blame him 'cause I already know I won't want to part with mine once it's home.

4. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    thanks for the input guys. i have one on hold for me right now as well. i haven't played the xb920 model, but i have played a couple from the xb series. i liked them ok, so i'm hoping that the 920 plays like a dream since it is the top of the line for this series. i'm getting a sweet deal on mine. it was a store demo, but at the price i'm getting it at(about $100.00 less than what virtual.ray is paying), i couldn't pass it up. from the pics that i have seen of it, it appears to be in near mint condition.
    what kind of sound should i be expecting out of the bass? i know that i a general question, but i have never heard anything with bart pups (i don't think). thanks.

5. rarcauto67

rarcauto67

Jul 22, 2013
    Columbus Ohio
    I love playing that bass, fast and easy neck great tone and feel and light weight. Great Grover tuners and nice bridge its a go for me and i got mine for $425.00 with Original Hard shell case . :ninja: