Anybody played a Washburn xb920

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blong1, Aug 8, 2001.

1. blong1

Apr 10, 2000
    just wondering what others thought about this bass. any comments??
  2. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I have. Superior fit and finish, good balance, with a very smooth tone from the Bartolini hbs. Great R&B and finger-funk bass if you can get the price down to under $800, which is feasible given that the high-end Washburns don't move that well.
  3. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I have one on layaway at the moment,I will get it out at the end of the month.I saw it,played it,and had to have it.Mine has a bird's eye Maple top on a swamp ash body,Pau Ferro fingerboard,the aforementioned Bartolini PUPs and gold hardware.It's in like new (I'll be the 2nd owner) condition and it'll come home with me for $549. It will be my only fretted 4 string.A really good bass.BTW there was one on ebay just like mine for one day (!) because the owner retracted the auction.I don't blame him 'cause I already know I won't want to part with mine once it's home.
  4. blong1

Apr 10, 2000
    thanks for the input guys. i have one on hold for me right now as well. i haven't played the xb920 model, but i have played a couple from the xb series. i liked them ok, so i'm hoping that the 920 plays like a dream since it is the top of the line for this series. i'm getting a sweet deal on mine. it was a store demo, but at the price i'm getting it at(about $100.00 less than what virtual.ray is paying), i couldn't pass it up. from the pics that i have seen of it, it appears to be in near mint condition.
    what kind of sound should i be expecting out of the bass? i know that i a general question, but i have never heard anything with bart pups (i don't think). thanks.
  5. rarcauto67

Jul 22, 2013
    Columbus Ohio
    I love playing that bass, fast and easy neck great tone and feel and light weight. Great Grover tuners and nice bridge its a go for me and i got mine for $425.00 with Original Hard shell case . :ninja: