1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody playing a Kolstein Busetto?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Jason Hollar, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar Jazz & Cocktails Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Central Pa
    Anybody currently gigging with a Kolstein Busetto Larfaro bass as their main axe? Strictly for travel?

I recently tried one at Shank's Strings and it was really fun to play.

I love the reduced scale (39"?) and smaller body size.

Oh yeah, the action was killer and the bass still made a nice acoustic thump - although not near as loud as a regular 3/4.

I could see getting one of these as I'm looking to scale down. My regular upright is a Lemur Romanian and it's a pretty big bass. Good sound, but a little harder to play.

2. dperrott

dperrott

Oct 3, 2005
    NYC
    I have only played one briefly. I think Rufus Reid used to use one. I think he has a detachable neck on his bass now and uses that instead. I think Miroslav Vitous is playing one a lot. I think he even used it on his recording Remember Weather Report. That is a great album too.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021