anybody recognize this Fender?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sleedo, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Sleedo

Sleedo

Feb 1, 2008
    CT
    Saw this for sale locally, wondering if it's worth what they're asking. I'm not familiar with the model, the ad says it's from '96.

Attached Files:

2. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Precision Lyte?

3. Apolicious

Apolicious

Jan 16, 2014
    Livingston, MT
    Agreed. How much are they asking for it?

4. I usually see them in the $500-$700 range. If they're asking more, just ask P-Lyte-ly, and maybe you can get a good deal.

:bassist:

5. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    I can't find the "forehead smack" button anywhere here....

Seriously though, the P Lytes are really nice instruments from back in the 80's

6. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    That's definitely a P-Bass Lyte most likely from the early 90's judging by the gold hardware and matching headstock. I wouldn't pay more than $550 for it, though. They aren't exactly rare.

7. coughiefiend

coughiefiend

Nov 12, 2013
    Virginia
    I have often seen them for under $500. They're great basses!

8. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Deliverin' the Goods!

They have come up in the $300 range actually......

9. Sleedo

Sleedo

Feb 1, 2008
    CT
    $275, sounds like a solid deal. If uncle sam would hurry up with my refund I would jump on it.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    P Lytes are killer except for the pickups. I have a 95 with those pickups, and they flat out suck and so does the preamp. Got EMG's in there now...much happier. The P Lyte is a very weak sounding bass with your average vintage-style output pickups, but comes to life when you throw some hot pickups in it.

11. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Inactive Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I used to push these on my students back in the day - these basses *never* sold, for some reason - and they are very good instruments - and like Jimmy said - new P'ups and they are extra good.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021