Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody remember Bisk2Dope?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Intrepid, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    I was kinda shocked to go the page and see this...its been down for awhile.

http://come.to/BiskLimpkit

Well it's bandwith is used up, but it said "In Loving Memory, Whitney Elizabeth Long, 5/14/86-8/23/02," not sure about the dates, but it was something along that line.

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    nah, she commited cyber-suicide... (but not sure since i haven't been to her site in months)

can someone confirm this plz? (AIM pals, ICQ)
    if not im going to be very sad

3. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    I was hoping that was what it it was...the end of her webpage or something...

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    :mad::mad::mad:

Don't go saying people died if you have no confirmation!

Man, I've lost my apetite.

5. odie

odie Supporting Member

Im confused, I hope it is just that she ended her site!!

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I sincerely hope this is her whacked sense of humor in action...

7. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    According to AIM, she's online right now.

Chris A.:rolleyes:

8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Why, that little...

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico

yep, that's my girl... :rolleyes:

:D

10. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    "The daily bandwidth limit for this member has been exceeded. Try again after midnight, EST.
    Click here for more information."

Thats the mesage I got following the link.
    That, and a boatload of popups:mad:

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    for the party people who cant get to the page:

[​IMG]

basically is that over the same white background

12. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I should just shut up, but that sounds like exactly the kind of thing Bisk would do; something to get attention and keep people talking about her. I never got her sense of humor, and was mystified by all these great bassplayers lining up to pay homage to her. My take is that if a young guy would say the things Bisk was known for, he would have been flamed out of existence.
    I'm not judging her as a person; I don't know her. I just always thought she sounded like a young person trying to get as much attention as possible, and tons of people gave it to her. I just didn't get the joke....

13. remember her? I still go the message board shes a moderater of!

http://pub29.ezboard.com/bnofxmb

By the way, its a NOFX (you know, the band)board, and I post under the name JaundicedEye

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

*SIGH*

This brings up memories of the 'good old days'. I still miss Biski. She is one of my all time favorite posters.

15. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Not saying she has passed on to her greater reward or not, but if the message should just happen to be bogus, it is similar in nature to tricks I have seen youngsters pull at other message boards I have belonged to. It seems like about once a year someone posts a bogus, but myserious message about their own demise.

One web site was caused so much consternation by a favorite poster who played that trick, that they booted him from the message board for a year for perpetrating such a fraud to garner sympathy or whatever reason.

However if Bisky has passed on, it is certainly a tragic event, especially for someone so young. my condolences go out to her family and friends.

16. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    She posted today on the message board that Jake posted the link for........so Im thinking shes alive and well.

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't get it, how do you guys know her?

18. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    OMG LEARN SOME HISTORY:

[​IMG]

:D

19. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    kneeslapper, man...kneeslapper...

i'm glad the bisk is still doing ok. i was kinda worried that maybe she got carried away in her iroc z. sweet grrly, biski is

20. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

She was sort of "infamous" for being involved in (sparking?) a few big rows - which on occasion involved other boards.

So there was a big bust-up with the Fender thing where they ridiculed us for having a "know-nothing" teenage girl as a moderator, who was dissing them etc etc.

It was all a bit tiresome - but she became a bit of a "heroine" to younger members and was treated like a rebellious younger family member (niece?) by the older members - there you go! ;)