Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody remember the movie "Firefox"??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by XIbanez4lifeX, Dec 23, 2005.

1. XIbanez4lifeX

XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Ohio,USA
    Just watching it again.....the world has changed quite a bit since then. The movie was great though I doubt that could of really ever happened....but it was a great storyline.

2. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

The one with Clint Eastwood? I rented a Betamax tape at the time for watching it. Can't remember why I didn't see it at the theater, but I was very interested on that movie because I saw the trailer on TV. Aside from some flight action sequences, can barely remember the plot. Firefox was the name of the plane, right?

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yep, I remember it.

4. I have great memories of watching that with my father when I was a kid. I really liked the movie too. I wonder how it will hold up now. I should rent it.

- Dave

5. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I remember, do you mean the planes capablities or stealing it. The plane was supposedly based on technology that exists. Soviet security was pretty tough though. All the Soviet aircraft that we have aquired have come from defectors, or countries that turned freindly. We may have gotten some captured ones from the Isrealis,but steal one?

Betamax? You must be as old as I am.

6. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Not any more though. You can buy a ride on one for $25,000 now (cheaper than the space shuttle). I think all the old Soviet technology is now available for sale at bargain basement prices. Wait 'til China starts mass producing them ... you'll be able to pick them up at Wal-mart

7. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yummy, Behringer Jet Fighter series!

8. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    There's even a "Cliff Claven" (the postman from Cheers) sighting in this movie.

9. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I own it! :D

10. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA

hah! I saw this movie in the theater when it was first released. I loved it! Made me want to be a spy...

11. saw it the other day. love that flic.