1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody rockin' Warwick Yellow Lable Nickels?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by The Dave, Oct 28, 2006.

1. The Dave

The Dave

Jun 23, 2006
    Canyon, Texas
    I'm looking for a good Nickel Round and I'm considering Rotosound, Fender, Warwick and TI. I've almost ruled out the TI Jazz Rounds because of the really light gauge but I can't really find any info on the Warwicks. Do they even make their own strings, or are they outsourced? I'd appreciate any thoughts you guys have on any good Nickel Rounds.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Have you tried the TI Jazz Rounds before? What type of music do you play? They are really an amazing string.

3. The Dave

The Dave

Jun 23, 2006
    Canyon, Texas
    I play contemporary praise and worship with the bass in my sig. but I do like a kinda old school tone. It of course came with Fender SS Rounds, which were too bright and harsh. So, I switched to D'Addario Half Rounds, which are just a little too mellow and the tension is a little higher than I'd like. I don't know if I'd like anything with lighter tension than those original Fenders though. The TIs are also pretty expensive and I'd hate to pay twice as much as a regular set for one set that I don't like. I had thought about getting the 36" scale set for the more normal gauge and just clipping a couple of inches but I don't know if that would cause any real problems or not. I've also considered a compressor type string like the Ken Smiths or SITs but I'm afraid that would be the same story as the Half Rounds. I don't freakin' know what to do!

Long post, sorry.

4. Ive got a pack waiting to be used but itll be a while

5. The Dave

The Dave

Jun 23, 2006
    Canyon, Texas
    Well, I ordered a set of Fender Original Nickel Round Lights, (40,60,80,100). I'll let you know what I think later next week when I've had a chance to get them on and play a little. If the lighter tension doesn't bother me, I might even try the TI JR344s next...

6. I hate Warwick strings. They give this muffled and dull sound... The worst strings I ever played.

7. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    My instructor uses them on his Streamer and Infinity. They accentuate that Warwick growl well, but I'm not sure how they sound on other basses.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021