1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody seen "Once" yet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by justBrian, Aug 1, 2007.

1. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    It's playing the art houses and smaller independent theatres now, but it is just wonderful. It's basically about an Irish street musician who meets a pretty (married) girl. The relationship and the music that comes from that had me in tears several time--OK, most of the time. The guy is from a band called the Frames and is just great; the girl is a Chezch and just brilliant. I heartily recommend it--especially as a date movie. :cool:

2. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Once is an amazing movie. I saw it three times...great each time.

I also bought the soundtrack, which is fabulous.

3. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Yup--I've been twice. I took my guitar player and we've been in writing frenzy. And the soundtrack is just great.:cool:

4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    A singer at work recommended it to me - she said it was amazing. Looks like this one is now on my list....

5. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    "How often do you find the right person? Once."

Oh, great. That doesn't make me want to slit my wrists or anything. :rolleyes:

6. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I doesn't seem like that--even at the end of the movie. Bittersweet maybe, but not heartbreaking. It's just perfect.:cool:

7. ROFL, inspirational movie?

8. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I was watching Craig Ferguson last night, and There was a guy playing guitar, and a girl playing piano. And they either played on the soundtrack, or they're in it.
    None the less, they're KILLER.

Pianist needs some emotion though. She's boring as sin to watch.