Anybody tried the Dean Markley SR2000's?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by QUSP, Sep 9, 2002.

1. QUSP

Aug 8, 2002
    Hercules, CA
    Just wanted to get some reviews on these strings. I heard they kill and was wondering does anybody play with them? All reviews welcome.
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I use them from time to time. Very bright strings, and they stay fresh longer than a lot of stainless strings that I have played. Good string for the money. If you play a 5 or 6, they have a really good low B. Nice and tight.
  3. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I used the SR 2000 Will Lee sig set on my Spector NS5. They are VERY bright and do last a good time. I usually kill strings in about 3 nights of playing...and these usually lasted about 6. You will have to reset your intonation if you're not already using taper core strings, but its no big deal. I would recommend them if you are looking for a modern, bright sound.
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i love sr2000s. i get a custom set, a little lighter on the a, d and g than the will lee standard set. they last a long time and work well for me - great tone and they intonate very well, imo.
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i dig'em too...they're really easy on your fingers, as well. i usually use nickels, but the sr2000s are the steel string to get.
  6. Only string I use - I use 'em on both fretted and fretless. Never have to adjust the intonation from set to set - they always intonate perfectly. Great sustain, too.
  7. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    These were my strings of choice for quite awhile. I preferred the SR2000 Lights (the ones with the yellow silks). Unfortunately, this set is no longer available in my area. Apparently, it has been discontinued. Very few versions of the SR2000 string are left. They are really pushing the Will Lee Signature set. I miss the Lights. Those were excellent strings.
  8. I'll say ditto to all the above comments. That's all I've used for the past 3 or 4 years, although the odd time I'll try a different brand, however I keep going back to the SR2000s. I use the medium-light gauge on both my fretted 6 and fretless 4. They always sound bright and last way longer than any other string I've tried.
  9. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    the will lee set is evil. those guages don't even go together, in my opinion...what are they thinkin'?
  10. QUSP

Aug 8, 2002
    Hercules, CA
    Well I finally got a set and I put them on my Lakland 55-02 Deluxe. Im still tryin to get used to the sound and feel. Of course I am using medium lights as opposed to always using just Mediums. In comparison with DR Hi-beams and Fatbeams, the SR2000's dont have as much bottom to me. But like I said, this is my first time tryin them and I wanna use the mediums and put them on my Lakland 55-94 deluxe next.