Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody up for a little EYE CANDY?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    OK. Here's the twins. Kinda like Arnold Schwarzeneggar and Danny DeVito. Only these are named Amber and Tina.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's Maggie the Pedulla ... the one Embellisher should've bought.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[Edited by Munjibunga on 01-17-2001 at 11:39 PM]

2. soundofphysics

soundofphysics

Jul 17, 2000
    ahhhhh, beautiful- but are those frets i see, j/k
    how those puppies sound??

3. The amber/maple looks sweet. That's always been one of my favorite colors with the figured maple top. Good choice imo stickin with the Barts.

It's hard to tell by the picture, is the Teal deluxe/limited a lined fretless?

4. Munji, you dog!

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

AARRGGGH!

Don't do that to me, Munji! That T-Bolt is beautiful!

Seriously, congratulations on some nice basses!:)

I hope to have my hands on a pre Gib Tobias in a few days, if the sale of my old company will ever go through. It's holding up my cash-in!:mad:

6. Congrats dude!!! I'm drooling as I type this!!! Someday I'd like to afford me some of those beauties.Nice names!!!Aaarrrggghh!!!! This is giving me serious G.A.S. Pull my finger and don't light a match!!!

7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

:cool: Amber and Tina are some SWEET LOOKIN' honeys. Maybe they'd like to meet "Maurice", my quilted maple, cherry sunburst boy?

[Edited by rickbass1 on 01-18-2001 at 11:04 AM]

8. sweet looking basses man

9. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Nice quilt on that amber Munji. My natural Lakland was issued that color, the previous owner had it stripped and redone in a natural satin finish. Paul at Lakland said they had done a few satin finishes but had some checking problems.

10. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Thanks guys. Tina is indeed a LINED fretless. I guess it's a Limited by virtue of the gold hardware, but I actually ordered it as a Deluxe with gold hardware. The limited may come with better quilt, if that's possible.

Maggie the Pedulla is going back to the factory to be stripped and refinished with a charcoal translucent. If you have major protests, state them now.

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Munji, I know that she is a flashy strawberry blonde, but I can't imagine changing her color.

12. Wow, my eyes are in sprial mode! Sweet bass collection man. Great finishes too, I hope to acquire a Lakland someday. Until then, I'll be upgrading my present basses to sound that good.

13. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Hey Munjibunga,

Nice basses!!! If Amber and Tina get together with rickbass1's Maurice, can I have pick of the litter???

-robert

14. fishysound

fishysound

Jan 16, 2001
    change her color? she's a supermodel man! cover of cosmo good lookin'. i like the twins as well!
    jeff

15. Adam Clayton

Adam Clayton

Jan 19, 2001
    Sorry Munjibunga, I'm gonna spoil the party a bit but - they may be great basses but they do nothing for me !!

Gimme a fender anyday !!

16. Laker

Laker

Mar 23, 2000
    Some great looking basses you have Munjibunga. Enjoy!

17. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Munji:

Da boyz got some nice toyz.

How long does it take to order a Lakland?
    Did you order it directly from Lakland?
    Any dicounts when ordering?

Vic

18. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Adam -
    You want Fenders? We got Fenders. The three on the left are my Roscoe Beck 5, Precision Deluxe 4, and Jazz Deluxe V. Oh, for you Music Man lovers, there's a Translucent Red Stingray 5 over on the right. OK? OK.

[​IMG]

Vic -

Don't order from Lakland, order from a dealer. I use L.A. Bass Exchange. There are significant discounts from list. I waited over 3 months for Tina. Amber was only two months, but that was two years ago.

19. lowfreakwency

lowfreakwency

Dec 28, 2000
    Gorgeous collection. I love those cabinets too (I've got a set myself).

20. Adam Clayton

Adam Clayton

Jan 19, 2001
    Nice one Munjibunga !!

Cheers