anybody use the ehx pulsar on bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 0175westwood29, Oct 10, 2011.

1. 0175westwood29

0175westwood29

Sep 16, 2007
    im intrested in getting one of these for something different!

hows it sound? does it cut out any lows?

ive tried the boss very sortly! so looking for people who have tried one out?

andy

2. ZombiCrow

ZombiCrow

Jun 15, 2006
    Davenport, IA
    The Pulsar is a tremolo pedal, which is a volume effect and doesn't effect tone. It doesn't cut lows, and it DOES sound pretty cool!

3. @2:30 La Maldita Use headphones and watch on 420p ;)
    I also use the EHX Bass Muff and Stereo Electric Mistress, but that's not the point :p

4. if you want to get technical, it does cut lows, intermittently in the square wave position ;) highs and mids too :D

anyways, i had one for a while--it works as well as any other tremolo pedal on bass

5. ih8law

ih8law

Aug 8, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Not a lot of threads about this pedal here. I happened to come upon one for a price too good to let pass, so I bought it without even knowing what it sounds like or if I could use it. I don't really have a basis on which to compare it to other tremolo pedals, so I can't comment on it too much other than to confirm there is no low end loss. Here's a quick demo I made of it just so any curious types can hear what this pedal sounds like with a bass:

http://youtu.be/DlV451kWd1A

Recorded with a Gibson SG bass. I don't really know how I'll use this pedal, but it seems like it could be cool in moderation.

6. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I have an old one in a big box which has been modded to have two rate controls, and an extra footswitch to change between them. Really cool, but I never use it.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021