1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody used Schaller Pickups ?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by markdavid, Mar 22, 2009.

1. markdavid

markdavid

Jun 29, 2007
    As you may know from another thread I am now looking for a set of replacement pickups for my jazz , have seen schaller pickups going for quite cheap but there is very little information on them it seems , has anybody used schaller pickups? are they any good?

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

They're ok. Not the best around but they don't seem to be trying. Not very expensive either.
    Clear sounding, not as meaty as a stock Fender but with a better definition.

3. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    I used some back in the 80's when I was a Schaller dealer. I had their copy of the DiMarzio Model J and some of their Model P copies. I thought they sounded very good. I had a fretless P/J with a Model P and the Schaller J.

I never tried their regular single coil pickups.

I also had a few of their Bassbuckers (Model G copy) but I wasn't crazy about those, or the Model G.