Anybody using a GoPro with a stabilizer?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, May 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I have a GoPro5 that I use for videography. I was part of a crowdsourced stabilizer project that was going to be usable with both phones and GoPros, but they dropped the GoPro support during development so they kindly refunded my money.

I’d still like to find a stabilizer. I know GoPro makes their Karma Grip, but it not having a replaceable battery bothers me as do other features - like no joystick. I’d like to be able to use a boom/crane with the rig, not a huge one but maybe 10’. I know the Karma Grip can do this since they offer a separation kit.

Other ones that have caught my attention are the Feiyu Tech G5 and the REMOVU S1.

Does anyone here have experience with stabilized action cameras that can offer suggestions or comments?

2. I do. I have a GoPro 5 and I use a ]SkyLab - 3-Axis Gimbal. I've been quite happy with it. It works really well. It's only at Best Buy. $199 but you can find them on sale sometimes (I got mine on sale for $150)

Here's a review (I jumped right to the test footage in this link as the video is 16 minutes long. )

HeavyDuty likes this.
  3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I ended up ordering a DJI Osmo Mobile 2 phone stabilizer and a GoPro adapter - I’m not going to be doing anything too strenuous, so the Osmo should be sufficient. Plus, the stuff I’m getting using my iPhone 7 and Filmic Pro is amazing!

OldDog52 likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022