1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anybody using a 'LeCover' cover for Epifani UL-310?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jmain, Aug 15, 2007.

1. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    I have one for my PS112 and it fits perfectly. I used the one listed on the site for the UL-112. The listed dimensions on the LeCover website it different from what is liste on the Epifani website - same with the UL-310.

Just wondering if anyone has used one of these specifically or for a UL-410?

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I am on my UL410 (series I). Used it on several gigs. Great cover!

3. lazyone2

lazyone2

Jul 27, 2006
    new jersey shore
    When you call in the order , you can give them the demensions that you want and they will make the cover to your specs. You can't ask for better customer servise. They made me a cover for my M-LINE Wizzy. They had no specs for it. I measured , they made a perfect fitting padded cover, ever bit as good as the EA padded cover I got with my standard Wizzy.

4. jmain

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Thanks fellas. Just making sure b/c the measurements are just a little different from the mfr's measurments (for the ones I've checked).

L12,
    Larry's told me that same thing and makes some great covers. I figured I couldn't even get as close as the .25 difference that is listed. :D

My 112 fits perfectly; just obsessing while I'm waiting on my cab. :)

5. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Wait you want a cover for the UL410 .. though in the numerous discussions we've had you bought a UL310.

regardless, the UL410 cover from Epifani will set you back $100. lecovers are cheaper and high quality as well. I guess its up to if you want Epifani tattooed on the front or not.

6. jmain

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    I did buy a UL310.

I was asking about both b/c the sizes given on the LeCover webite differ from the Epifani website. So I wanted to open the discussion up to a larger contingency to see how their covers were fitting.

I'd rather not have anything tatooed on the front, but leave the next ink for (probably) my left arm around the Misfits tat from back in the day. :D

7. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    +1

when I first had the UL410, I had the epifani cover. That was a really nice cover, slightly thicker than the padded lecover, with a nice big epifani logo. When I sold my first ul410, I sold the cover as well. A few months later, I was missing the cab so much I bought another one here from a member, and it came with the padded lecover. It is works very nicely, but doesn't have the velcro strap that goes underneath it to keep it on like the epifani cover. It is not quite as thickly padded either, but it is also about $40 less. Overall a very nice cover and I'm happy with it. I see no reason to replace it for the Epifani cover.

8. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    On a side note, I just wish the company name wasn't "LeCover"... it just sounds like a froo froo french name, and I don't like the way it looks on the front of my cover. :D

9. jmain

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    LOL!!! This guitarist was calling it an 'L-E- Cover' b/c I don't think he could bring himself to saying 'Lay Cover' (with a Cousteau accent of course). :D

10. koobie

koobie

Jul 11, 2007
    Portland OR
    This may seem obvious, but on a Le Cover order, I would put all measurements into writing. I think they make a quality product, but both of the covers I ordered (for well-known amps, not custom one-offs) were the wrong size (too big). They made good on their mistake but it was a hassle.

If I had to do it over again, I'd probably get a removable bottom piece too, that's the first place your tolex will get chewed up (especially if it's a Vox, their tolex looks nice but is quite non-durable).

11. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Studio Slips makes a clamshell type amp/cab bag which is pretty much a cover with a bottom on it. The frenchy Le Covers are great (and bombproof) but if you want something on the bottom Studio Slips is an option. I ordered one for my CMD 121P combo but haven't gotten it yet.

12. jmain

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Those clamshell cases look cool. (esp like the graphic;*)

The slip covers are a little more pricey than what the frenchy man makes.:D

How are you liking the combo??

13. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Ooh, it's nice. Who would have thought, me a Markbass lover? Last Monday I used the combo on top of my UL112 and it was really mean sounding. I just picked up another Realist DB pickup and it is super nice sounding with the combo as well. I am a very satisfied Markbass customer at last. Go figger.

W

14. jmain

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Cool man! Are you using it exclusively for DB or do you double with it? Just another flavor or has it ousted the king?

15. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Well, I have been using it ALOT for electric and everybody likes the sound...but I'm not ready to give up the Focus quite yet. I haven't really had it out for DB but so far it is very very promising. The point was to get a combo for easy in-and-out type gigs but it turned out to sound good and get LOUD.

16. jmain

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Ah, the old in-out type gig. Looks like a cool combo. I'm still digging the LMII, but wish I didn't have to give up the Focus. If I played mostely DB instead of BG, I would have kept that jewel.

I've been playing some loud gigs with a Christian/TX Blues guy. He's a preaching, guitar slinging, biker dood. I'm getting the UL310 for those gigs. Hoping it gets here by tomorrow, but it hasn't hit the ground here yet.

17. jmain

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    The UL310 is doing the thang for me. Just got back from vacation and the LeCover was waiting on me. Fits great from top to bottom. The handle openings are a little off, but mostly just cosmetically not on center of the handles.

Now I have one for my 112 and 310. Great quality covers at a good price.

18. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    I use LeCover on my UL410, nice snug fit but have Epi's on my PS112's and on my NYV115 I have a Tuki. I bought the Tuki before I knew about LeCover. The Tuki has the velcro strap as do the Epi's but not the LeCover. The straps are nice if your cab is in a open vehicle but in enclosed transportation a strap is not necessary IMO, they get in my way to have to reach under and strap em' on and off. :rolleyes:

19. jmain

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    I had an Epi cover on a UL112 and didn't really dig the stap underneath. Guess it would make sense if the cab was in the wind.

20. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    That's what I mean about an it unless in was being transported in an open vehicle like a truck. As I lower the cover onto the cab, I make it so the strap goes up inside the cover. :D