1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody using a Peavey bass for recording?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by old mark, Mar 12, 2008.

1. I have a '92 Peavey Foundation, and I can't believe the tone and overall quality of this bass.
    I'm sure it would be great for recording.
    Anyone using a Peavey for studio work?
    What bass, what setup?
    Thanks.
    mark

FWIW, this is my first Peavey bass, but I will be shopping for more in the future.

2. I have a 90s Peavey foundation 5-string (took off the b though) and i just recorded 2 or 3 tracks with it and it sounded great.

3. o and its set up for 40s i think and i just threw some ernie balls and it sounds great, but im not really a fan of ernie balls.

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I'm glad you like that Foundation! I heard Tim Landers used one back in the eighties for sessions. I know he was a monster fusion player too and designed Peavey's TL-5 & TL-6 basses.

5. Foundations are so underrated. I know a few guys that own very expensive basses but gig with a foundation because they sound and play great and they are cheap and plentiful. I have recorded with mine but I don't have any of the recordings here. You can get a really nice growl from these things.

6. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    I had a Peavey Fury bass that was just sweet. Played great sounded great. Unfortunately I sold it in some hard financial times. I miss that bass. Nothing but praise for Peavey basses from me!!!

I saw a band from LA called REMAIN back in 93 and their bass player had a Peavey Foundation running through an SWR rig (head and 4x10 cab) and he sounded awesome! I'll never forget that show!

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    My Dyna-Bass 5 recorded extremely well. I used it on the most "serious" recording sessions as far as gear/studio that I've ever had.

8. tjbsilv

tjbsilv

Feb 14, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I have a Peavey DynaBass 5-string that I have used for the past 15 years, both in the studio and live. It has active 3-band eq and the best feeling neck that I have ever played! Great tone, too - especially for slapping/popping.

TJ

9. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I`ve been using my Peavey Cirrus for recording recently.
    It delivers a great sound recorded with 0 noise. Great tone to achieve a deep bottom groove.

I generally go direct to my sound card or thru my Sansamp.

10. Peavey Cirrus 4... Sweet bass!!! Sweet Tone!!!

11. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    My former teacher recorded track #6 (Resorte) with my Cirrus.
    Check it out here:

Link

12. Thanks for all the responses - and the link (great!)

I have been playing the Peavey for only a few weeks, but I'm more impressed with it every time I pick it up.

mark

13. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    My Foundation was my go-to recording bass in the mid-90s. Always could count on it for a good tone on the track.

Kim