1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anybody Using a Rack Effect System?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Newbie-Doo, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Newbie-Doo

Newbie-Doo

May 30, 2008
    U.S.A.
    I was just gifted a nice 3-space rack case and my Hartke head takes up two spaces. I have one space left and I wanted to put an effect unit in there that I could control with a midi foot controller.

Is there anyone who has not bowed the knee to conformity and GAS and has a rack effects unit in their setup instead of a pedal board?

Any suggestions?

2. AndyLES

AndyLES

Aug 25, 2008
    New York
    What are you looking to add? Chorus, flange, etc.?

If you don't need effects, just get a power conditioner.

3. Me, sort of. I've used the same rig since Eden introduced the WT800. I've got a thing or two in my rack. Check my profile.

4. Newbie-Doo

Newbie-Doo

May 30, 2008
    U.S.A.
    I will, thanks!

5. The Boss VF-1 is a handy multi-effects unit, if you can pick up one used. And it's 1/2 rack size, so you've then got another 1/2 rack space to fill :)

6. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Aug 9, 2011
    check out the TC G-Major 2

7. Newbie-Doo

Newbie-Doo

May 30, 2008
    U.S.A.
    Thanks, I'll check both of these out.

8. Newbie-Doo

Newbie-Doo

May 30, 2008
    U.S.A.
    What I want is Chorus, Flange, Distortion, Reverb, Delay, a tuner and volume-expression pedal. All of the multi-effect rack units I've seen are for guitar.

I may have to go for a multi-effects floor unit. Then I could put a power condition in that extra rack space.

9. AndyLES

AndyLES

Aug 25, 2008
    New York
    Try a floor multi effect - Boss makes some good ones, and the slightly older models (GT-6, GT-8, GT-10, etc.) sound very good and can work with bass.

If you want a rack unit, I'll second the suggestion for the G-major 2

10. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Aug 9, 2011
    Guitar fx work fine on bass - TC has great modulation.

11. Newbie-Doo

Newbie-Doo

May 30, 2008
    U.S.A.
    Thanks for all of your input and suggestions. I picked up a Boss GT-6B (made for bass) off Craigslist last night.

:hyper:

I can now put a power conditioner in that rack space. Looking forward to digging into the manual to figure out how to configure my own setups.

I will be looking like :confused: shortly. haha

D