Anybody using a Schroeder 1515L these days?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mitchthebassplayer, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Mitchthebassplayer

Mitchthebassplayer

Jan 7, 2008
    Queens, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Olinto, La Bella, JuleAmps, Epifani
    I recently was able to sit down and try several different Schroeder cabs. Unfortunately, I had to use a solid state head instead of my Trace V6, but I was still pretty impressed with the clarity, mid-range punch, and ballsy volume. I'm not a fan of tweeters, as I use 2x GS112NTs at the moment, and I'm curious if anyone is using the 1515L (2x15 w/o tweeter) and if so, how does it sound? I'm a bit weary of buying a 2x15 cab that doesn't reach above my knees....

2. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I think I'd like those Schroeder cabs a LOT more if he offered a midrange driver instead of the horn as an option. Those horns he uses sound like someone rattling a jar of pennies on your bass.

I'm really liking my Schroeder actually, but I have to turn the horn almost all the way down to get a sound I like. The cab cuts really well and is pretty loud for its size.

I would be leery of buying a 2x15 in that tiny box, too. You'd need to see the specs on the drivers, but I would bet that thing rolls off dramatically below 100hz.

3. Mitchthebassplayer

Mitchthebassplayer

Jan 7, 2008
    Queens, NY
    which Schroeder are you using? That's exactly what I'm afraid of....I'm gonna have this really compact low mid growl machine which could be cool for some people but NOT me....

4. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've got a 21012R.

I'd think the 1515L would have more low mids and lows than mine, but based on the size of it...I doubt the lows are what the specifications claim.

5. Mitchthebassplayer

Mitchthebassplayer

Jan 7, 2008
    Queens, NY
    would you recommend the 21012 if I told you I play in a live hip-hop band with a loud drummer? I play a '69 P-bass through a Trace V6 400 watt all tube head and I go for a Pino-ish kind of sound....

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021