1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anybody using Noatrands in there jazz bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Toneman, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Toneman

Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    I just came across this online and thinking about replacing the bridge pickup my american standard fender jazz with one of these. The stock pickups are great but this sounds real interesting.Anyone here have one in there jazz bass?

nj4se
    humbucking split coil 4 string jazz-type bass pickups
    These are a split coil hum cancelling design. They use the same hand wound pattern found on our NJ4's but with a finer wire called 43 gauge enamel. The natural character of this design is to have a more pronounced lower midrange, and a slightly muted high end. This makes them exceptionally suited to fingerstyle players who are going for a solo bridge pickup sound with good "bark" and "heft." They are also totally humcancelling, and great for commonly noisy live situations.

2. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    Been using them for some time

They are currently in my Jimi Jazz a Geddy body with 70s spacing and mated to a lefty MIJ 62 ri neck

JimiJazzdoc2.

:) ... Strings are Fender 7150 great for old school finger style

3. Here's my friend Simon Merrick trying out the split vintage style Nordstrand pickups - just to give you a flavour of the Nordstrands.
    The Chicken

Personally, I swapped out the Fender Noiseless pcikups on my Jazz bass for Nordstrand jazz pickups - sounds 100% better! The Nprdstrand units are very "open" and have that traditional vintage jazz bass growl.
    WhiteJandMM.

4. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Got em in my LeCompte!
    TRXRedwood400.

5. Check out the electronics section- lotsa Nordy love.