1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody using Peavey PVH cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bob Coldwell, Apr 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. There are a few (not many) old threads on these cabs, mostly along the lines of "When are they coming out?" - particularly the 1516.

I know they're available now, and was expecting more buzz - especially after the release of the long awaited miniMEGA head.

All I've gleaned from specs and reviews is that they are not exactly light weight. I would overlook that point if they had killer sound and power handling.

I'm currently using a GK rig: MB500 and two CX210 cabs. It works okay, but I kind of feel it's close to being pushed to its limit. I think the cabinets are the weak link. So, considering a new rig (maybe a new Peavey setup) and having the GK for rehearsal and a backup.

Anyone?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  2. Wow. I had hoped at least BbyBld would have checked in by now. Is the 1516 available yet?

3. allen_m

allen_m

Dec 31, 2008
    Sweetwater has them. Just ordered a 1516 and should arrive next Wednesday. I'll let you know what I think {excited}

Bassic Playing and Bassmunnky like this.
  4. allen_m

allen_m

Dec 31, 2008
    I put my review up on the Sweetwater site. Summarized: it met or exceeded my expectations for my style of playing, looks great, built well. Couldn't be happier.

Mark Andrew likes this.
  5. Hey, thanks. Did you get the 212?

EDIT: Oops. Reread your post, and it says 1516. Way too early in the morning over here.

6. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    I drove over to sweetwater this past Saturday and picked up a PVH210. Great little cabinet.

Mark Andrew likes this.
  7. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Really good cabs. i just ordered a second PVH210.

8. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I have a pair of PVH 212's and they are warm and go very deep . According to BobbyB they were tuned for drop D tuning. They handle the B with no problem even when being pushed with the MiniMega .