1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anybody using the line6 DM4?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rycebag, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Rycebag

Rycebag Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    i was thinking of maybe getting one so i could have different flavors of overdrive and distortions.

2. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    I've tried it and love the Muff and Rat models on it. I've stopped myself on dropping the money on one (due to med situations), but I know it's inevitable. Not all of the models are fantastic, but enough of them are to make it a worthy purchase.

3. Rycebag

Feb 22, 2008
    is there any low end loss from it?

4. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    That's what I like about it...none that I could hear. :)

5. Rycebag

Feb 22, 2008
    Are the dirt tones the same ones on the M13? im looking to use the DM4 to get a more heavy midrange sound with the different dirt tones. i guess an example would be something like the bassist from thrice

6. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    64 Audio · DR Strings · Source Audio · Hipshot
    Yes, the M13 has all the dirt setting from the DM4. It is essentially all their stombox model boxes all stuffed into one box. It's really a steal at the price they're asking, as it costs about as much as 2 of the other boxes. I'm really digging mine. I use it in a cover band and it really comes in handy for nailing tones on most songs we play.