1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody using their tax returns to alleviate GAS pains?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fazed, Feb 21, 2008.

1. I thought this could be a fun thread...

I will start. I was pretty lucky in that I got a pretty good return this year, so part of it went to pay off credit cards, but some of it went to purchase my new Bongo 5HH which will arrive tomorrow, and an Ibanez BTB406QM which should be here early next week. I will post pics once I get them.

Let the GAS roll!

Matt

2. dbcandle

dbcandle

Jan 30, 2008
    Here? That's like asking "does anyone here play bass?" :D

3. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Mine's going into savings.

4. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    What refund??

Uncle Sam is aggrevating my GAS! :crying:

5. Mine's going to GAS I expelled last December...new 44-02 and FCS Kubicki of EvilBay.

6. True, but it's fun anyway...

7. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    Whatever you do, do not get into debt with the IRS.

If you do, any future returns go immediately towards the debt you owe (even if you have setup payment arrangments) and you get nothing in March.

I'm curious if someone who has debt with the IRS is going to get the Tax Rebate in May.

In other words, I'm not getting a tax return.

8. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Indirectly yes... I bought a bass with a 0% intro rate credit card back in September and now that needs to be paid off.
    But fortunately I still have a little left over for a couple small things - effects, strings, etc.

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    hmmm... GAS.... I'm getting return enough that it is financing a new king size bed. Mine has been shot for 10 years and this return should buy most of a replacement :)

10. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    What refund? I plan my taxes so that they have as little of my money for as short of a period as possible. Keeping your refund low is a great thing.

That way I don't have to wait until they give me my money back to buy stuff!

Dan J,

11. fretlesswonder

fretlesswonder Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2006
    New Jersey
    I never get that much back, but what do I expect, I live in NJ, taxed to death. Enjoy those tax returns, they will be gone when the next president comes in, as we are in a debt of 3 trillion! I feel some major changes are going to take place next year regarding taxes in general, it is the only way to get the US back on its feet.

12. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I wanted to save up for a 70's P bass...

but I'm moving into a new apt, so I guess that's not gonna happen this year...

13. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    No GAS for my return. We're buying a new house. I can think of many places it will be needed more than gear.

14. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    My wife and I split our return 50/50, so I am hoping to have enough to finally the Genz NeoX-212 that I've been wanting for a year now. It went toward basses last year, and since I got my Fender ADJ my bass GAS is cured for now. Now, to get the amp GAS settled so that I can move on to effects GAS, etc, etc. Its a never-ending process....but I like it. :D

15. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I've already got too much stuff, if that's possible. Any $$ I get this year will pay off previous debts, like credit cards, damned things. Matter of fact, I'm thinking about unloading some of my gear, and get back to a manageable amount of stuff, especially concerning speaker cabs.

16. dustdbass6

dustdbass6 Alembic User

Apr 24, 2007
    Livermore, California
    Genz-Benz GBE 1200 and Mesa Powerhouse 1000. Way more than the return actually is, but whatever.

17. [​IMG]

Yup. :ninja:

18. optikhog

optikhog

Apr 2, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
    Yup, just bought an Epi Thunderbird. Yum.

19. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

What tax return?

Rob

20. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Yup. This one. I pick it up on Monday!!!:hyper:

Sadowsky MS5
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]