Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody using two HT 115s ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 57pbass, Dec 18, 2005.

1. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Looking for some feedback ..any info appreciated. Thanks

2. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Well, if this helps, my HT115 is my favorite standalone and it's a very tight cab on it's own, with the whole spectrum pretty well represented. I can only speculate that two together would be more of a great thing.

Also - and others may disagree with me - I don't think the HT115 sounds that different than the HT210 (just a little more midrange, IMO), and the HT210/HT115 stack is just phenomenal.

Sorry I don't have real world experience with two 115's though. Let me know if I can clarify anything.

-Aram

3. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    Not exactly, but maybe this will help.

I have used many combinations of cabs through my semi-illustious :rolleyes: career - 1x15, 2x15, 1x15+4x10, 4x10, 2x12, 2x12+2x12 - and I mostly use an SWR Silverado Special (2x12) on top of a BagEnd 1x15 (S15B-D). I really like the way it sounds.

However, I also use the 1x15 alone in a particular building where we play once a month. It is perfect. I also have a second S15B-D, and, when stacked, increases the "fullness" factor many times over. Used single, it sounds great. Lots of bottom but plenty of mid-range, too, and the highs are there. Very full.

Stack a second on on top, and you get PLENTY MORE bottom, still plenty of mids and plenty of highs, too. When you stack 'em, it will easily flap your pants' legs! :D It doesn't double the volume, but it increases the depth compared to a single.

If you like the sound of one by itself, you will love the sound of two stacked.

4. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    I use a nv215 instead :D

5. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Yes I did! Used them for a while, nice throaty sound.

I sold one and got a 210 because I could justify 2 amps easier if they were very different. I got a NV425 and a Tube head. sometimes I question that desision. Usually not for long though.

Aj

6. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Indy
    +1

...and would be sweet with your '72 SVT.

7. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    This makes me wonder.. are there any 1x15 or 1x12 sealed cabs out there that are any good?

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The NV215 is a phenomenal cab, but the problem may soon be in finding one to buy. Jim is discontinuing this product, and I do not believe that he has any more in his shop to send out. So, it's either used (like anyone would sell one!), or find a dealer who still has one in stock. It's a phenomenal cab, IMHO.

Now, I am also a big fan of the HT115 and two of them (or one HT115 and one HT210) makes for a great rig as well. If you need/want the higher frequencies from a tweeter, then you might be better served by an HT115 x2 or HT115/HT210 setup. Coincidentally, both of these cabs are also discontinued...:meh:

That's okay, though, because now we have the Bergantino IP series (and of course, I already have my NV215! :D).

Tom.