Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody using Vinci strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Flatwound, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    They sure are cheap.

How would you compare them to other nickels?

2. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    I know that my Guitar Center stopped selling them, but I don't know why. I bought all that they had left. I get great tone from them and they have lasted a long time on a bass I play every so often (too many to play). They are on my recording bass and I wish I could still buy them. A buddy in college first gave me a set. He got them for free from the family who made them. Ever since, I used them whenever I could. As for the low price, I just took it as icing on the cake.

3. 12notes

12notes

Jul 15, 2003
    I've seen them at Tower Records not too long ago. So. You might still be able to get them.

4. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    I've never noticed bass strings at Tower Records. I'll have to ask. Thanks!

5. Rock&Roll

Rock&Roll

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    I've used them, a long time ago though. I've switched to Rotosounds. But I remember Vinci being very good sounding strings, no doubt. Nice and warm. I definately prefer them over any GHS or DR rounds.

6. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I used them for a while until the local shop stopped carrying them. I always thought they were good sounding - regardless of the great price (which was a bonus).