1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody using Warwick and Aguilar?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theaterbass29, Mar 24, 2009.

1. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Sadowsky, D.Markley, Spector
    Just wondering if anyone out there is using Warwick basses with Aguilar Amps and Cabs. If so, please list what you are using, i.e., bass, cab, amp, and your settings and style of music. Im curious to know how most of your are using the horn attenuator on your cab, whether your using DB cabs or GS cabs, AG-500 or DB750?
    Also, your thoughts on the Warwick onboard MEC preamp and your use of the EQ onboard, versus the EQ on the Aguilar.

I am using a Katana NT-4 bass through an assortment of different Aguilar Products. I have both the AG500 and DB750, along with DB412, DB112, and GS212, cabs. I also use the DB900 Tube Direct Box in the studio and live. I usually run amp EQ with Treble at 10 oclock, Mid at 11 oclock, and Bass at 2 oclock. The AG-500 has Hi Mids and Low Mids that i run each at 1 oclock. I usually turn my Horn down to 9oclock on all of my cabs. I use the extra bass switch on the AG-500 when using the DB112 alone.

On the Warwick, I favor the neck pickup barely, Treble is just below center detent, Mids are just above center, and Bass is usually flat, depending on the Room and Volume of the band. Im not a big fan of the MEC preamp, though the pickups are fine. I think the Highs are too high, and the lows are too low. I do like how the Mid control accentuates what we all call "The Warwick Growl", which is an upper mid zing that allows us to hear the windings on the strings against the brass frets.

Anyway, lets discuss your Warwick/Aggie gear and hopefully we can all learn from each others trials and errors toward getting exceptional tone! Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. darkbassline

darkbassline

Apr 24, 2009
    anyone?

3. snaverb

snaverb

Feb 19, 2007
    Atlanta, Ga
    Nope, Im Ernie Ball and Ampeg / GK ( depending on what mood Im in )

but I do bet the warwick/aguilar sounds good

4. Greg O

Greg O

Aug 11, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    yeah man i'm with you...i'm using a corvette through a aggie gs112 cab. (Little Mark II head though)...really dig the set up