Anybody wanna recommend an all around good bass for around $300-$450

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AHbassist, Sep 25, 2005.

1. AHbassist

Sep 22, 2005
    Kennesaw, GA
    I play everything from punk to funk, and right now I'm playing a sh**ty Epiphone e-bo, its good for rock and punk, but playing slap on it is impossible, so if you have a suggestion I'd love 2 hear it :D
  2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    *moved to basses*

OLP, MIM Fenders....rebops. Plenty to choose from, search around.
  3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I have really taken a liking to the Cort Curbow series. Check them out.
  4. Check out the Yamaha BB's. Their 4 strings are in about that price range.
  5. Schecter, Fender, Ibanez, and Aria all have very good value. Also check out used gear, you would be surprised what you can find..
  6. darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    Where do you get a ReBop for $300-450?!
  7. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Check Peavey and Ibanez. Fenders in that range are quite good. Lots of choices.
  8. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    I second the Yamaha suggestion, the BB414 and 614 can probably be available used for about your price. Also, the newer Ibanez RKB models are excellent. You can probably get a used G&L: Tribute for $450.00 and they are great basses.
  9. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I think theres an american fender jazz for sale in the classifieds right now for $500 ... if you can con sombody out of the extra $50, thats a great bass.
  10. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    must have mixed it up with the cheaper ones... Maybe used you can find them around that price....
  11. Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    I'm stuck between a MIM J, Les Paul, and A G&L Tribby? anyone have any suggestions(or experiance with the les paul?).
  12. KeithPas

May 16, 2000

I played a Les Paul bass ina music store and I thought it sucked. The Tribute L2000 and L2500 are great basses and will be more versatile than the MIM Jazz.
  13. Mingus Dew

Mingus Dew

Jul 8, 2005
    I would say try out a spector legend. Has a great trebly sound for rock and metal. It's also really comfortable for slapping. You'll probably have to find a used one because I got mine for 550$ and now I see them going for 600$ in stores. If thats not your thing, you can't go wrong with a fender precision or jazz standard. Although if you're like me you'll find that the stock fender pickups don't really cut it for live shows.
  14. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Get a 4er and a 5er from Rondo.