Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody want a koala bear?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    [​IMG]

I think I am going to adopt one. No reason in killing them if they are cute and would make a good pet!

2. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I'd adopt one, but alas - I have no gum trees at home.

Ya know, I've always thought koala's would probably be visious little buggers - it's those evil, beedy eyes :ninja:

3. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Wow, that's wild. That really sucks they're going to have to shoot them all, but it sounds like protecting the island is the big picture here. I know here on Kauai you're not even supposed to have reptiles as pets. In fact, there are no predators here. They're afraid that if they get loose and multiply they could take over the island as it seems the koala's have. Poor little fuzzy guys...

4. What's a Koala Bear? :D

Koala's can be pretty fiesty but its not like they're Drop Bears. Now they're aggressive! :eek: :(

Leigh

5. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    We call them bears here in the states for some reason. I didn't know you Aussies didn't.

Any chance you could catch one and UPS him to my house? :ninja:

6. I think everyone but Australians call them Koala Bears - despite the fact that they're not actually bears! :p

I love to send you one but I'd be hard pressed finding a Koala, even with all the 'Sanctuaries' around. [Aussie Accent] Elusive buggers theys is [/Aussie Accent]. I'd also have to send you a gum tree too and I'm not paying the freight for that! :D

Leigh

7. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    You do not want a koala for a pet. Nasty, bad-tempered, hissing, spitting creatures. I'd rather have a drop-bear.....or a hoop-snake.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's the cutest infestation ever.

9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Oh man! I NEED one! Forget a puppy - imagine all the chicks you'd pick up at the park with one of those suckers! :D

10. If the little beast didn't gouge your eyes out first. Atleast you know what to expect with a drop bear, I suppose. Hoop snakes can be downright friendly, too.

Leigh

11. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Just wait until I visit Austrailia.
    :p

Ok, that was lame.

So they'll gouge your eyes out? I guess I could always use one as a guard bear for my gear. Why don't Aussies start working on domesticating them?

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mitch Hedburg.

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Thank you.

14. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    I don't know what that means :(

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Pickles are cucumbers that sold their soul to the devil... and the devil was Dill.

16. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    What did the gherkins do?

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mitch Hedburg is a comedian, and thsoe 2 things ^ (infestation, and pickles) are jokes of his.

18. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Ahh, thank-you! I was going to Google him but hadn't got around to it yet.

19. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    What is a drop bear?

20. Its like a bigger, meaner Koala. As the name suggests, they have a tendency to drop from trees onto unsuspecting prey.

Leigh