Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody Want To Buy This For Me?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Bass Central had to go and get the last thing on my GAS list. If only they'd be willing to drop one of the digits off the price. :(

[​IMG]

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Bryan, let me save you some angst and aggrivation:

It's already sold.

;)

(Now for salt in the wound, that thing is AMAZING!!! :hyper: )

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I figured it would be :crying: :) At least it'll be much easier to steal now that it's in a private residence :bag: That pickup combo looks pretty cool-it's the first Elrick I've seen with a single coil/humbucker setup.

Elrick needs to put some of these pics up on the site-he's made many gorgeous basses, but you have to search out photos of them from dealers. Although I imagine running a one-man business keeps him busy enough.

4. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Darn it, I was all set to buy it for you too. ;)

Marshall

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I couldn't see the pic here so I went to the Bass Central web site. OH MY LORD!!!! That is one of the most beautiful instruments I've seen. Rob's instruments are just so classy.

Hey Gard, will he do a semi hollow bass? :help:

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    emjazz, yes, he does a Hybrid (set-neck) Semi-Hollowbody bass in 4, 5, and 6 string versions.

....why did you wake me at 5:30 in the morning to ask this?

:confused:

:D

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

GAS is a bad thang.

8. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Needs more alder, less swamp ash tho...

9. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'll second that! :D

10. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, there's no alder on it to begin with, so.....

My fretless Elrick has an alder body and my fretted has an ash one-pretty different acoustic tones out of them, and the alder's even lighter than the ash. I imagine I'd prefer an alder one on a six string to mute the brightness of the C a little bit, but I'm sure the ash kicks majore, um, "ash" as well.

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    holy mother that's a nice bass... :eek:

12. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Ah, vehwee intuhwesting. I know the tonal difference between ash and alder, but how does it play with the Elricks? Does the alder bass sit in the live mix significantly different than the ash one? Do your basses both have walnut center blocks? Can I play too? Where you going? Are we there yet? What time is it?

:D

13. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    1. Not a massive difference, as they're both really lightweight, so it's not as drastic a difference as say your average 9lb alder jazz and 12lb ash jazz. The alder is just less bright and zingy acoustically. Of course, it is a fretless, so that may play a role in it.
    2. I haven't recorded anything with the fretless really, other than a couple of videos. I'm reserving judgement until I get the Aeros in it replaced with Bart soapbars that are a very similar model to the Bart soaps in my fretted (should be another week or two). I just picked up an M-audio soundcard so I can begin computer recording, so I'll let you hear some samples when I make them if you'd like.
    3. Fretted has a walnut center block-fretless has an alder center block.
    4. Anytime-just make the drive up to CT and bring some Indian food.
    5. 11:48

:p